It is commonly believed that eating lesser amounts of food can help lose weight but on the contrary, eating the right kind of food will in fact, help with losing weight.
Here are some of the best and most easily available food items that can help you lose weight:
- Coconut Oil: The fatty acids of medium chain that exist in coconut oil actually help in the process of creation of energy in the body. This is because the medium chain fatty acids are metabolized in different ways than fatty acids of longer chains.
- Greek Yogurt: This is one of the most powerful sources of protein. It has the most amount of protein when compared to other sources of protein. The body tends to burn more amounts of fat when you take in proteins rather than more carbohydrates.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are responsible for starting up the metabolism in the body. When one consumes food made mostly of whole grains, the body works twice as much (thereby using up fat) to break down whole grains rather than processed food. Fibre rich food is ideal. Some of the best examples are quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, whole wheat etc.
- Omega-3 rich food: Researchers have proven how diet that has higher contents of omega-3 fatty acids and a lower amount of omega-6 fatty acid helps with lowering inflammation. Examples of this are flaxseeds and walnuts.
- Green Tea: This popular beverage is actually very helpful in decreasing inflammation and reducing your waistline. The flavonoids present in tea have anti-inflammatory properties naturally. Green tea contains a compound called the EGCG which also helps with breaking down fat cells.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is another very effective fat burner. Just take half a table spoon of cinnamon powder soaked in water for around 5 minutes. You can then add about 1 tablespoon of pure honey after straining off the cinnamon water and drink this before going to bed and before breakfast.
- Mint: To a cup of hot water, you can add in a pinch of pepper, pasted mint leaves and a tablespoon of pure honey; allow the concoction to set for 5 minutes. You can then strain out the liquid and drink to get a flat tummy. Honey and pepper boosts metabolism and dissolves fat while mint helps sooth the abdomen.
- Grapefruit: This is a low calorie fruit that is an amazing fat burning food. Just half a grapefruit added to your everyday diet can help lose a good amount of fat. It is ideally consumed before a meal. It works well since it reduces one’s level of post-glucose insulin.
- Lemons: The levels of vitamin C can largely affect the rate at which the body can metabolize fat. As per reputed science journals, the body mass of a person is inversely proportionate to the levels of vitamin C present in the body. If your levels of Vitamin C are adequate, then your body will be able to oxidize nearly 30% more amounts of fat when you exercise than people who have lesser amounts of Vitamin C in their body. You can drink lemon juice regularly or add it to your salad dressing. You can check BurnTheFat Reviewfor more ways of losing fat.
Author Bio: Lucy Michelle is a dietician by profession, who also owns a chain of gyms and healthcare centers in her hometown.