L-Theanine is an amino acid that occurs naturally. This is available in the green tea and in some type of mushrooms. L-Theanine is similar with that of the glutamine and glutamate. Also this is considered to be another form of L-Glutamic acid that is capable of modulating the brain waves. This helps in the relaxation of the mind.
Benefits of L-Theanine
- L-Theanine from green tea leaves helps in the relaxation and relief of stress in the mind.
- This helps in producing flavour in the green tea and other food substances. Drinking green tea do not increase excitement and make the person nervous. This is due to the presence of L-Theanine. L-Theanine also helps in reducing the side effects of consuming caffeine
- In some countries this is considered as a dietary supplement
- L-Theanine helps in increasing the immunity power of the body and also resistant against the cold.
- Studies have proven that this enables the chemotherapy drugs in strengthening the weak cells of the body and keep separated the healthy one. This can also help in decreasing the side effects of the chemotherapy medicines by making the patient calm and giving a relaxed feeling.
- This can be beneficial for giving a positive feeling for the individual and also improves the mood and overall health of the individual.
- The clarity and concentration of the individual increases by consuming L-Theanine. Also the motivation of the individual starts increasing by consuming the same.
- This can be helpful in reducing the bad cholesterol that are dump in the body and also works as an antioxidant.
- Increase in nitric oxide content in the blood stream decreases the blood pressure and also reduces the chance of causing cardiac related diseases.
- The brain cells are protected from getting damaged and also supplies required level of oxygen towards the body.
- Due to the capability of Theanine to enhance the production of dopamine this can be helpful for the treatment of Parkinson’s.
- Theanine is a fast acting medicine that helps affect the different neurotransmitters in the brain and affects the cognitive functions including the sleep and relaxation.
Theanine can be taken with a dose of 50 mg a day. Later this can be taken alone without any combination with other supplements. If we notice the relaxed feeling and pleasure then the dosage can be increased from 50mg to 100 mg. Whatever supplement is taken it is better that we start slowly and then notice the changes .Rather than taking high doses it is better to take the supplement with daily doses.
L-Theanine when combined with caffeine gives very good results. This helps in increasing the cognitive power more than providing relaxation for the mind and the body. When properly combined with caffeine this increases the sense of focus in a high level.
It should be taken care that if the person is suffering from low or high level of blood pressure or he is in medication then it is better that we consult with the physician so as to avoid the complications.